- Bedrooms: 6
- Pet Friendly
Due to being the first holiday cottage built in Ramsgate it has a superb position and is one of the most sought after holiday homes. This rock cottage on the sea’s edge overlooks ‘Little Billy Bay’, & an amazing view of the sea. The book ‘Cry The Beloved Country’ was written here by Alan Paton in 1946.
Whaleback offers pet friendly, self catering accommodation for a family of up to 13 adults, but is also popular with smaller groups. You can’t get closer to the shoreline, with exceptional sea views from the patio deck, braai area & swimming pool of the waves crashing on the rocks in front. To the right you have great views across Ski Boat Bay.
There are 6 Bedrooms in total, 3 are upstairs & 3 downstairs. 3 Bedrooms have queen beds & ceiling fans, 2 rooms have double beds & a room with 3 single beds.
There are 2 full bathrooms, 1 with bath & shower, & 1 with bath, plus a separate toilet.
The kitchen is off the entrance hall & is fully equipped for self catering. Living area includes a separate lounge, leading into an open plan dining & bar area. The dining area opens onto the patio deck with sliding doors.
Get more with BillsBest…
Put your feet up, Doreen, your housekeeper, does a free 2hr daily cleaning service, excluding Sundays & Christmas day. Linen & bath towels are provided & changed every 3rd day. 1 towel is provided per person. Private security company provides 24hr response for peace of mind. Call for assistance anytime during your stay, we are here for you, maintenance emergency number provided on arrival.
List of Amenities:
Pet friendly enclosed garden
Stove & oven
Large fridge/freezer x 2
Linen & bath towels
Flat screen TV & OVHD
Connection for your own DSTV (please bring your card, decoder, power cord & remote)
Private security company
24hour maintenance emergency
2 under cover parkings
Holiday items to bring to make your stay more comfortable:
Beach towels, umbrellas, & consumables like toiletries, toilet rolls, charcoal, & foodstuffs. Bring along your own DStv decoder, along with your card, remote & power cord.
If you are bringing your fur baby, please bring: A lead & collar for beach walks, your own bed/blanket & water & food bowls.
• Whaleback is central in Ramsgate village – shop, eat, drink & visit Ramsgate main Blue Flag beach.
• Walk to Ski Boat Bay swimming beach & beach cafe – 400m.
• Walk to Ramsgate main beach & tidal pool – 350m.
• Scrumptious breakfast or lunch at the famous Waffle House on Ramsgate Lagoon.
• Enjoy food & drinks with a stunning view over Ramsgate Beach at the Blue Lagoon Cocktail Deck.
• Sophisticated dining & craft shops at the Ramsgate Lifestyle Centre.
• Tidal Pools offer safe swimming for the whole family on Ramsgate & Southbroom beaches.
• Ramsgate whale viewing deck is a great view point to spot dolphins & whales all year round but guaranteed in large numbers June – August over the Sardine Run.
• Walk from Rosscarbery to Southbroom main beach along the Marine Ramble. No map needed just follow the path & cross the beaches just over 5km round trip.
• Rods ready? Famous fishing spot on Whaleback Rock in-front of the cottage, pick up a license from the post office.
KZN What to Do… Plan your South Coast holiday Follow KZN What To Do Facebook page
View Google map below for directions to Whaleback Cottage
Check in from 14h00
Departure by 10h00
Please collect your keys from the BillsBest drawer in the 24hr shop at the BP Garage in Ramsgate (your keys will be in a brown & blue envelope with your name on it from 2pm.)
Need assistance? Call: 082 451 6102
<script>_365_owner=’billsbest’; _365_language = ‘en’; _365_property_id = ‘1’; _365_one_property_only = ‘1’;</script> <script src=”https://secure.365villas.com/widget/mobile-olb.js”></script>
- ID: 3416
- Views: 7296