Offers fully equipped, serviced & pet friendly accommodation for a large family. Built around 1915 Whaleback Cottage was the first holiday cottage built in the village, hence the superb position. This rock cottage on the sea’s edge overlooks “Little Billy Bay”, & has superb views of the sea, beach and indigenous bush. The book “Cry The Beloved Country” was written here by Alan Paton in 1946.
Available form today to 22nd December - Call Now
Sleeps upto 13
- Enjoy stunning sea views from the undercover patio & braai area, extending onto a gated pool deck.
- Fully enclosed pet friendly garden, & gate with direct beach access
- Living area includes a separate lounge, leading into an open plan dining & bar area.
- 6 Bedrooms in total, 3 rooms with queen beds fitted with ceiling fans, 2 rooms with double beds & 1 room with 3 single beds.
- There are 2 full bathrooms, 1 with bath & shower, & 1 with bath, plus an extra separate toilet.
- Fully equipped kitchen with 2 large fridge/feezer, dishwasher, large microwave, under-counter oven, hob & extractor, electric frying pan, & vacuum cleaner.
Exceptional sea views
You can’t get closer to the beach, enjoy the sea lapping at your doorsetp
Fully enclosed pet friendly garden suitable for small & large breeds.
Kom ons braai...
Enjoy a charcoal braai on your private patio
Swim with a view, private pool on the property
Fully equipped kitchen
Pack your sandals & come as you are… Self catering accommodation
TV, DVD, OVHD
DSTV connection for your own decoder. Please bring your own DSTV card, decoder, cord & remote.
Free wi-fi on test
Wi-fi is not guaranteed as signal is intermittent in the area, we hope you are able to enjoy this free additional service.
Free daily cleaning service
Put your feet up, Free 2hr daily cleaning service, exclu. Sundays
Linen & bath towels are provided
& changed every 4th day. 1 towel is provided per person.
Call for assistance anytime during your stay
We are here for you, 24hour maintenance emergency number provided on arrival.
Security system & safe
& property has gated access & covered parking.
Direct beach access...
Walk to Ski Boat Bay & Ramsgate main lifeguarded beach, marine tidal pool & estuary
Serves food & drinks with a fantastic view over Ramsgate main beach.
Waffle House Restaurant
Visit the famous Waffle House for breakfast or lunch
5km Marine Ramble
5km pet friendly nature trail along the shoreline
Safe swimming for the whole family on Ramsgate main beach
Whale watching deck
Perfect spot for viewing Dolphins & Whales
Great Fishing Spots
Including Whaleback rock in front of the Cottage
KZN What To Do...
Plan your South Coast holiday Follow KZN What To Do Facebook page